In the same way that low student-teacher ratios improve education, low patient-doctor ratios improve healthcare, especially maternity care. At Wombkeepers, we only accept a limited number of patients per provider and each provider makes a commitment to be present for their own patients' births. This means we will not assign your care to a provider who will be on a scheduled vacation when you are due and we do not have a rotating call schedule; your doctor and midwife are on call for you, with only rare exceptions. Appointments are scheduled for a minimum of 30 minutes, meaning our office is calm and your visits unhurried and, most days, you will enter our office and immediately be seen. On the day of your delivery, your provider will be by your side during your labor.
- Doula for labor and delivery for all patients
- Comprehensive Antenatal and Postpartum Education and Support via our Empowered Motherhood Program: Conscious Childbirth Preparation for Low-Intervention Birth, Mind-body relaxation techniques for each trimester, birth, and the postpartum, Nutrition Guidance for each trimester and the postpartum, Parenting preparation and Infant CPR, Prenatal Yoga, Antenatal Breastfeeding Preparation
- Group Postpartum Lactation Support
- Individual Lactation Counselling*
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Support Groups
- Individual and Couple's Counselling*
At Wombkeepers, we take the time to get to know you and your family and address all the factors impacting your total health, including diet, exercise, and your social and emotional well-being.
While our team specializes in natural births, we care for all types of patients, who are planning all types of births but want a unique, personal approach to their care, including: epidural births, high risk pregnancies, planned cesarean deliveries, twin pregnancies with planned cesarean or vaginal twin delivery, and VBAC's after one or more cesarean.
The first weeks home with a new baby are often the most challenging a woman experiences. We have come to recognize that women need so much more than a single postpartum visit, so we see all our new mothers weekly in the first month after delivery, addressing any problems with healing, breastfeeding, and depression or anxiety